photo Header_zps2a3973d1.png

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Wow, I'm a post slacker

So, in honor of the 8th grade TAKS Math being this past Tuesday, I've decided to post some of my favorite stories from my classroom:

  1. Calling a student "Hoey" - a mix of Jose and Joey
  2. Explaining to my students that Pi never ends, and a student raising their hand saying "Miss, Chuck Norris knows the last number of Pi"
  3. An ESL student sooo eager to say the answer, which was parallelogram. He said "parayeyogram," saying the double l properly in Spanish.
  4. Being asked if I had grandkids "yet"
  5. A student telling me she is Mexican and asking me if I am "country." (like it's an ethnicity)
  6. Reading a word problem with a list of exotic animals and coming to the word "male gorilla"...I read it to them as the "Mah-lei gorilla". A student gently brought it to my attention that it said male, as in gender.

I've decided that this list will be recurring so that I will never forget the funny moments in my classroom ;)

On another note, my 8th graders asked me what I would do if they all passed. (there are 11 of them) Here are all of the options they gave me:

  • get a tattoo that said 8A
  • buy them breakfast every Friday
  • make Math class a "free period" until school ends
  • dye my hair rainbow

Somehow, I settled on the last option. We shall see in the middle of May...I might be rocking a new do. I'll be pretty darn proud to do so.

Last minute updates:

  • We had a blast in Turkey, pictures and stories to come soon.
  • Josh's Mom graciously helped us finish our 1st time to do taxes...we're officially big kids!
  • Our friends Lindsay and Paul will be having their twins any day now!
  • Josh only has 2 more test rounds for his 1st year of med school. He will be doing a paid summer research opportunity in orthopedics!
  • 3rd, 4th, 6th, & 7th graders take their TAKS Math April 27.
  • We're looking for a new place to live.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! I promise to update sooner ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much for sharing your thoughts. We love reading them!