photo Header_zps2a3973d1.png

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

37 weeks

37 weeks with both boys! (we start Aggie brainwashing early hehe)

How far along: 37 weeks
size of baby: a bunch of swiss chard
Gender: baby boy
Weight gain: 18 pounds
Maternity clothes: seriously whatever is comfortable. My underbelly jeans from Gap aren't working so well anymore. I'm constantly having to pull them up. I refuse to buy any new maternity clothes at this point.
Stretch marks: about the same, I think I'm seeing some new ones above my belly button
Belly button in or out: borderline sticking out, sensitive
Sleep: I'm up every 2 hours or so at this point. My hips are hurting from laying on my side, even with using my preggle pillow.
Best moment this week: Spending time as a family of 3 before baby comes. We went to Chuck e Cheese on Friday afternoon and then decided at the last minute to go to the circus that night. I took Peyton to the park on Saturday and Sunday. It's starting to sink in that his days as an only child are numbered.
Worst moment this week: nothing really
Miss anything: I'm excited to not be pregnant. It will be nice to feel normal again.
Movement: He's starting to get hiccups once a day and his movement makes my stomach feel really tight.
Cravings or aversions: It's pretty much the same. Not really wanting big meals and sweets always sound good.
Symptoms: some hip pain from when I lay on one side for too long. My back also starts hurting if I stand for too long. 
Looking forward to: My mom coming in town so that I can have some help with Peyton. I'm also excited to have a girls night out tonight!

I ended up being induced with Peyton at 37 weeks. So early in this pregnancy I thought I would be upset or super miserable if I had to go past 37 weeks. Well, here we are and I'm actually fine. I'm not nearly as swollen and I'm not hurting as much as I did with P. I know he'll come when he's ready and the wait will be worth it.


8 lbs 8 oz newborn Peyton
April 6, 2011


1 comment:

  1. Omgoodness. This makes me cry (heck, what doesn't these days). I have been thinking of your family this week and meant to text you today. I'm glad you updated. So precious. Peyton was a beautiful baby and I can't wait to meet your new bundle of joy! I remember you asking me to wash up to my elbows and squirting hand sanitizer on me when I first got to hold Peyton. Now I know the momma bear instincts that exist. Take care sweet friend. He will be here so soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank so much for sharing your thoughts. We love reading them!