photo Header_zps2a3973d1.png

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Brody and me

So, as most of you know I have a spunky 4 year old cat named Brody. We found him as a kitten at PetCo and decided we could give him a good home. Let's just say from day 1 we knew he wouldn't be normal. Brody loves any attention, even negative attention! Don't get me wrong, he has his good moments, but most times I find him doing something he shouldn't be. I consider him to be the cat version of Marley and me. (Oh and yes, these pictures are all from my Blackberry. I always have it with me when he does something funny. Plus, we'll not talk about what happened to our real camera.)

Here he is helping me grade papers.


Asking me not to throw away streamers from my birthday party.


He really finds Josh's lap quite comfortable (or maybe he knows that Josh didn't like cats and after dating me was forced to accept them. Oh yeah, and my Mom has 3 cats at home)


If you leave a drawer or cabinet open, he will think it's his new hiding spot.


This one still cracks me up. He was a fan of my Grandpa's diabetic shoes last Thanksgiving. I swear this cat has a shoe fetish. We have to keep our closet door closed or he will find one to chew on...is this normal? Both of our pairs of crocs are ruined. Luckily, neither of us were sad to see them go.


Lastly, if you need a good knitting partner he is available for hire. His strong points include: chewing through your yarn, sitting on your lap to distract you from it, and sneaking up on you. I don't take my knitting out anymore because of him.


On Friday night, I got back to SA from being home all week. It was late, but we decided Brody really needed a bath since he has been going outside all day. Sadly, I don't have any pictures of that but it was hilarious. He was pretty mad/scared. The funny thing is we gave him some treats after drying him off and he had already forgotten about it. I'll leave you now with a video of him fetching, yes he can fetch. Sorry for the clothes in the background...gotta love laundry day!

2 comments:

Thank so much for sharing your thoughts. We love reading them!