photo Header_zps2a3973d1.png

Friday, October 29, 2010

How we told the Arisco's...

One of the hardest things was our decision to wait to tell our parents about the baby in person. And not tell anyone else until they knew. Planning a weekend with our parents is not an easy task as Josh has school and our parents live over 5 hours away. The plan was to tell them on September 18, the weekend of Bree and John's wedding. Josh and I discussed for hours how we would do this. We finally decided to use a card since my Dad's birthday was pretty close by.







After driving from SA, we met my parents in Beaumont to eat Sushi at Tokyo and BOY were we nervous. My Mom told me after she found out "Y'all were so calm at dinner!" So I guess we're good at hiding things. We got home and gave them the card when we were all sitting in my Dad's man-cave.

I wish I had it on video for you, but a play-by-play will have to do:
(Jim & Lisa reading his "birthday card" out loud)
(both finally realizing what's going on)
(Lisa) "Are you pregnant!?!"
(Ashley shakes head)
(Lisa) "Oh my Gosh! YAYYY!! Hang on." (runs out of the room)
(Jim - stares at the TV in silence)
(Lisa comes back with a gift, Baby's first golf bag) "I've been so excited to give you this one day."



Yep, so that's how my parents react to big, life changing news. My Mom was somehow prepared even though she had no clue, and my Dad (who doesn't love surprises) wanted to figure out how he knew before I told him. Once he soaked it in he was thrilled. They even told me that they had "grandbaby fever" but didn't want to say anything to pressure us. In case you don't know them, Here is a little tribute post I did on my parentals a while back.

As for my sister, I ended up telling her over the phone. I emailed her a picture of the knitted hat below and asked her to make me one. (that girl can knit!) She called and asked who this is for and I said "your niece or nephew!" She is really excited and knows more about babies than me! She really does her research. I know Baby will love Aunt Lala :)

2 comments:

  1. Ashley, that is so adorable! I love how you told everyone and I think it is so funny that your mom was so prepared. Impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE that your mom had a gift just waiting for the day when you told her you were pregnant. i LOVE it even more that it is a golf set. your dad just has to wait a couple of years and once that baby can walk i have no doubt they will be working on his/her swing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank so much for sharing your thoughts. We love reading them!