photo Header_zps2a3973d1.png

Sunday, December 22, 2013

18 weeks


How far along: 18 weeks
size of baby: a sweet potato
Gender: baby boy! (his name still isn't final yet...)
Weight gain: 2 lbs (waiting to see what Christmas treats/meals do...one of the cons of being pregnant during this time of year)
Maternity clothes: mainly maternity shirts, with leggings or Denizen jeans from Target
Stretch marks: It looks like my old ones from P are "brightening" or something...YIKES! I read on a blog that this cream works well, so I just ordered some from Amazon.
Belly button in or out: starting to look less deep
Sleep: crazy dreams, seriously it feels like "work" to be sleeping...hoping to get more sleep now that I'm in Texas and my Mom will help with night duty. P is getting up most nights around 3 am with bad dreams.
Best moment this week: Seeing family and friends, and eating Tex Mex. I love Lupe Tortilla! 
Worst moment this week: the most difficult day was flying to Texas with a toddler in tow. I felt like the little engine that could. I kept thinking "If I can just make it to this point..." The shuttle from Rochester to Minneapolis dropped us off on the curb in the 19° weather. (with snow, ice, etc.) I had to work quickly to get the car seat out of the shuttle and latched into the travel cart, get P strapped in, and then drag him and our two suitcases (totaling 80 pounds) into the airport. Whew!
Miss anything: having clear thoughts (can't stand pregnancy brain)
Movement: feeling him kick a few times a day
Cravings or aversions: I told my sister the other day that I was craving a day after Thanksgiving sandwich lol. I don't really have any aversions at the moment. I have a super sense of smell and I can't stand it sometimes. (Yes, man sitting front of me on the plane, I smelled you passing gas and applying your Carmex every 2 minutes.)
Symptoms: My back has been sore and I've been more emotional. The song "Mary Did You Know?" came on the radio and I started crying. The line "when you kissed your little baby, you've kissed the face of God." AHHH!! I get goose bumps when I think about it.
Looking forward to: Christmas, of course! Peyton is SO into it this year. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much for sharing your thoughts. We love reading them!