photo Header_zps2a3973d1.png

Monday, December 16, 2013

Menu Monday: It's been a while...

I'm hoping to do this more often! If you'd like the dish's recipe, click on the title of the dish above the picture.

Cilantro Lime Shrimp


Served with roasted broccoli and cauliflower. This dish is a huge favorite! It has such great flavor and is low in calories. Will be making again soon.


We first found this recipe when doing the Advocare 24 day challenge in August. We put our own flare on it by topping them with sriracha sauce and toasted sesame seeds. So delicious!

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad


Josh and I were blown away by this dish. I think I said "mmmm" after every bite! Lots of fun ingredients with great flavor. We topped with shrimp for more protein.

Pioneer Woman's Perfect Potato Soup


My Mee Mee has been texting me about potato soup, so I had to make it and satisfy my craving for it. I followed the pioneer woman's recipe since she makes it so easy to follow. We used a stick blender and it worked just fine. I top mine with cheetos and Josh prefers cheez-its. Perfect for the cold weather we've had up here! (Mr. P was enjoying an apple.)

Sweet Potato Skillet Hash with Spinach


This is another 24 day challenge recipe that I would consider clean eating. Josh said that he would have preferred red potatoes. I thought the sweet potatoes were interesting and the flavor was unique, but I don't think we'll make this again.

Black Bean Tamale Pie


Love this dish! I've made it a handful of times. We like to make our own "tamale" portion by using cornmeal instead of a cornbread mix. I googled a standard cornbread recipe and didn't use sugar. We liked it much better this way. It's a fun change up of our standard taco salad Tuesday. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much for sharing your thoughts. We love reading them!