photo Header_zps2a3973d1.png

Monday, December 23, 2013

Menu Monday: Holiday treats edition!

I think that fall is best time of the year to be pregnant! You get Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas…and if you're having an April/May baby like I have, you also get Valentine's Day and Easter. Lots of great food and candy. Last week I had a craving for these peanut butter balls and decided to make two other treats to share with our neighbors.

*As always, click on the purple link for the recipe.
These were a huge hit! I love that this recipe has Rice Krispies in it for an added crunch. I recommend shaping the balls and then freezing or refridgerating them for a while until firm. I was too impatient to wait and had a hard time dipping them in the chocolate since they were too soft. I dipped some in vanilla almond bark and some in Wilton milk chocolate candy melt.

Peppermint patty stuffed Ritz crackers

I found these on the blog and thought they sounded good. It's a nice combination of salty and sweet. Don't over microwave them or they will melt too much. I thought these were easier to dip than the peanut butter balls.

*The blog that features these is called the Gunny Sack. It's funny because my neighbor uses a gunny sack when her sons have too many toys out. The gunny sack "eats" up the toys and if you behave, he'll give them back. I will probaby be using this tool once the baby is here!

Pretzel, M&M, & Candy Cane Kisses

These are another great combination of salty and sweet. I use butter snaps and they taste great. When we made this batch, Josh and I got busy and forgot they were in the oven! They were a little too soft, but it still worked out. Watch out because it's hard to just eat one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much for sharing your thoughts. We love reading them!