photo Header_zps2a3973d1.png

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Montessori Earth School

Earlier this year, I was contacted by my former Principal about a part-time Math Interventionist position. After prayerful consideration with Josh, I decided to accept his offer. It ended up being great for our family. We enrolled Peyton at Montessori Earth School and he loved it. We feel that he learned so much there in just a short amount of time. After 1 week he was putting his toys away where they belonged. They reinforced his letters by teaching him their sounds, they taught shapes and colors, several songs, and even introduced Spanish. I love how each child has their "work" that they get to explore and learn through. (little activities like sorting, painting, making bubbles...) His favorite teacher, Ms. Gloria, said that he was her little shadow and she was so sad that we were moving. We can't say enough about this school. 

first day of school (February 2013)

he dove right in on his first day

Ms. Gloria and Peyton

Last Day at MES (May 2013)
And just for the sake of back-posting (since I neglected my blog for 2 years) here's Peyton with Mirna. She watches 4 kids out of her home, but has it set up as a certified daycare. He went to her from 4 months to 14 months. I heard about her from my Bible study leader and put Peyton on her "list" while I was 7 months pregnant. We really loved her...she was like family.

October 2011
June 2012

Being a working mom and choosing a daycare is not for the faint of heart. I thought of Peyton every single day while at work and missed being with him. I feel blessed that we chose two great places for him to go. We're really looking forward to his new preschool in the fall! He goes twice a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much for sharing your thoughts. We love reading them!