photo Header_zps2a3973d1.png

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Rochester Honkers game

On Wednesday night we met some of Josh's friends from work at a Rochester Honkers game. It was a real treat! The stadium isn't huge so it's easy to manage with a toddler. There also wasn't much traffic before or after the game. We paid a little extra for "deck" tickets that came with all you can eat food and drink. It's perfect for kids! They have room to explore, but it's fenced in. (So I don't have to worry about Mr. Peyton running on the field...wouldn't put it past him!) 

One of my favorite memories was the bar tender yelling "last call!" and Peyton repeating it over and over. Everyone was laughing and he loved the attention. There was also a stand where you could get cookies. I finally realized that the teenager working it kept giving the kids cookies. I shut that down real quick. You don't want to see my sugared-out kid have a meltdown. mmmkay? Thanks. We had already had an "I WANT BALL!" fit. Once I bought him one his response was "I want bat!" (well, duh Mom!)

a pre-game photo session with the honker...cuteness overload!

the team mascot...Peyton wasn't a fan so I had to be in the pic

the kiddos didn't watch too much of the game ("no more pics, mom!")
Peyton and his new buddy Kason loved sitting under the camera man's stand

The Honkers won at bottom of the ninth with a walk-off grand slam. The crowd went wild! Peyton wasn't sure what was going on but he decided to start running in circles. After the game, everyone got to go out on the field for a fireworks display. It was a great show. Peyton clung to us since he hasn't been around them much. But he still had fun.

on the field waiting for the fireworks to start
Josh snapped this shot. It's a little blurry, but I still love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much for sharing your thoughts. We love reading them!