photo Header_zps2a3973d1.png

Sunday, July 21, 2013

swimming lessons

On July 8 we started a Mommy & Me swim class. There were 8 classes and only 2 other toddlers in his class. I wasn't sure what to expect when starting the class, but I'm really glad that we took them. Peyton has truly come a long way. Before, he would cling to Josh or I in the pool. Now he's comfortable with the water and is on his way to becoming a great swimmer. I also feel more comfortable now which is nice. Things we need to work on: wearing the noodle/floatie, getting dunked under water, and keeping his mouth closed when blowing bubbles.

Luckily, Josh got to come to 2 classes and my Mom was able to go to 3 with me. They were able to take pictures and motivate Peyton when he didn't want to participate. Also, it's hard to manage a toddler in the locker room by yourself. But we had to shower since the class was in a salt water pool. Very interesting. The RAC offers classes year-round and I plan to do at least one more session. We should have a dolphin by the time summer hits next year :)

Water "Ring Around the Rosie"


using the noodle 


mommy oops at the end...I was trying to grab the rocket I promised him and the noodle slipped (sorry Pey!)

1 comment:

Thank so much for sharing your thoughts. We love reading them!